There are few trips which are special for specific reasons. It can be due to the fact that, it was your first ever trip on your own or you had an awesome group with you or you had some interesting experiences there. Whatever may be the reason, when you look back at the trip in retrospect, it brings a smile to you after many years. Vietnam was one such trip for me but for a different reason.
Vietnam was an unconventional destination at that time for me. I didn’t know any one remotely who had visited the place. When I shared my plans with people whom I know, many of them had a hidden question mark (why ?) on their face. I myself was skeptical about the plan but finally I decided to go ahead. A friend agreed to accompany me and I am thankful for that :). After finishing the trip I gained a lot of confidence which has been helping me till now.
I applied for the visa to Embassy of Vietnam in Delhi which involved submission of my passport along with list of documents. However later I came to know that I could have got a Visa On Arrival with the help of a good agency. One such good agency is Vietnam Visa. The process to get VOA is listed on the website. There are several benefits you derive by applying online through this agency listed below:
- Its cheaper compared to applying for visa beforehand.
- Turn around time is less
- You don’t need to submit your passport. So if you plan to visit another country alongside where you need to submit passport then you can apply there.
After getting approval letter from the agency, you can get VOA at Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City airport.Once you enter country you can witness scenes like these pictures:
- Limestone formations at Holang Bay
- Street of Hanoi parked with Motor Bikes
- Beautiful river bridge in Da Nang
- World’s Longest Cable car at Ba Na Hills
- Market set up in Hoi An
- Beach In Da Nang
- War memorial museum in Ho Chi Minh City
- Water Puppet show
- Boat Ride in Mekong Delta
- Cu Chi Tunnels
Note : This post is written in partnership with Vietnam Visa. I haven’t used their services personally however recommend them based on good reviews of other customers.