Singapore is an Island country which is in fact a huge city with several districts. Singapore is the second most densely populated country in the world and is the financial hub in south-east Asia. I spent around 3 days in Singapore and got to see the life in this country. Here are my 13 observation about Singapore.
1. Singapore is among world’s top 5 most expensive countries. So despite of your all efforts it would be difficult to keep your expenses under control. There are still some ways where you can cut down by some margin. However it can certainly not be a budget destination :). The only exception is food which you can get quite cheap.
2. Singapore is country of fines. Just to give an idea, imagine a fine of 500 SGD if you eat or drink anything in metro.
3. Luxury shouts from all corners of Singapore. Shopping malls, hotels and subways all work together to give this place an affluent feel.
4. It is a small world in itself where you can spot people from all over the world.
5. Public transport in Singapore is excellent and metros connect majority of the Singapore together. Instead of taking taxis you can buy a pass for metros which will save you quite lot of SGD.
6. The real beauty of Singapore comes alive in night and it looks beautiful specially from top of Marina Bay.
7. Singapore is one of the safest places in the world. You can feel it while roaming around in country.
8. Singapore is quite strict about what can be brought along with your luggage inside country. Make special note about tobacco which is heavily taxed so be aware about the rules or be ready to pay huge penalty.
9. All the major attractions are man-made which include Universal Studio, theme parks at Sentosa and artificial gardens.
10. The worst part about Singapore is its weather which is very humid so people rely on air conditions every where.
11. The laser show in Sentosa Island is the best I have ever seen and was beyond my imagination. Definitely to watch when in Singapore.
12. Singapore is famous for its food as you can get food from cuisines all over the world.
13. Finally, although most of the things about Singapore are just perfect, there is something which made me feel that the city lacked the soul. I know people around the world visit it every year and they love it but I felt differently. May be perfection is not my type 😛